Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hangers Won't Start the Car

Last week I almost walked out of the house with hangers instead of my purse. 

Mornings at the Seal household are usually pretty smooth where B is involved. We have a routine and it works. After Dad shuttles B off to daycare I get up to 45 minutes alone in the morning...and it's kind of amazing. But for some reason I often find myself wandering around the house, haphazardly trying to straighten things up, put dishes away, contain the baby toys, or clean off the table. Half of the time I end up staring at myself in the mirror in the fourth outfit I have tried on, rummaging through laundry to try to find a specific shirt, or staring in the fridge trying to figure out what to pack for lunch. 


Waiting patiently while Dad gets ready.

By the time I find an outfit and lunch, there are clothes all over the bed. I attempt to straighten those up, then fold up B's blanket and toys, finish my hair, put on jewelry, unplug my flat iron, put other clothes in the hamper, collect the excess hangers, rinse B's morning bottle and leave it in the sink, grab baby items from the table and put them in his room, straighten up the changing table and his glider, shut the nursery door, grab my lunch then...you see the problem? I never stopped to put the hangers in the laundry room! 

B at 4 months. Always happy in the morning.

Dad witnessed my strange morning drill a few weeks ago. After I walked in and out of the living three times in five minutes, he asked, "What are you doing?" My response, "I have no idea." 

I consider myself a very lucky person to have someone like Dad because we make such a great team and work together to be sure sweet B is happy on his way to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment