Friday, May 30, 2014

The Photoshoot

Recently, I began stalking a local photographer. The lighting, editing and composition of her photos are beautiful. It doesn't hurt that her little boy resembles our sweet B. When I saw Sunny Jones was offering Mommy and Me mini-sessions the weekend of Mother's Day, I jumped at the chance! 

After I booked I was immediately nervous about the time frame - only 30 minutes - and our attire. Here come the rolling questions:
Will B be in a good mood? Was a noon start time the most preferable time? Will he get a good nap that morning? Would he need a bottle before or after? What if he gets sick in the next two weeks? What if he falls and scratches his face? What would he wear? What should I wear? Will 30 minutes really be enough time? What if he freaks out and refuses to smile?
The morning of was typical for me...wait until the last minute and rush out of the door, only to go back in to the house to grab the four things I forgot while Dad and B wait impatiently in the car. Luckily, B took a bottle and napped in the car. We arrived just in time for our noon session. 

Then the magic happened...


I put him on the pallet in Sunny's studio and he started smiling and posing like he was made for this. 


I'm sorry...is this the same kid that produced these little gems from a previous monthly shoot at home.


Let us not forget these other quality photos that will make it in his wedding slideshow. But the cuteness doesn't stop here...



Those eyes...that pose...he was adorable on set but these photos are amazing! 




The book adds the perfect touch of reality; DUH, this is how we read books at home. Oh and let me know if you have a contact at Luvs Diapers. They are welcome to pay me royalties on the following pictures...




It's safe to say, the next time you visit our house, it will be disgustingly overwrought with pictures of our beautiful baby boy. 




A huge THANK YOU to Sunny for capturing these images. I can't help but smile, giggle a little, and shed a tear when I look at them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment