Sunday, March 23, 2014

Patience Saved...for now.

I am a patient person. Ask Dad and he will agree. This week B tested my patience and he won. With a nasty cold and 102 fever, antibiotics and a Tylenol/Motrin cocktail were in order. That is at the least four doses of medicine per day. Medicine could be made of candy and kids wouldn't want it which makes the house a war zone around medication time. Until today when I discovered a forgotten purchase - The Medicator. I think I bought it at The Dollar Tree a month ago knowing B would need some sort of medication again soon. 

When I found it in the cabinet I immediately ripped it open, thoroughly cleaned it and loaded it with amoxicillin. Now listen here, it was down in 30 seconds. Then I put some infant Motrin in...20 seconds and gone. B will wisen up soon but for now I will enjoy.

Having a baby changes everything and changes you as a person. While I may be a bit less patient, Dad has learned some patience. It has been a wild seven months. Needless to say we have learned a lot but have so much more to go.

The Medicator by Munchkin. Today's lifesaver.

Thankfully, mom has her own medicator known as wine. 
Chicago October 2012, PB (pre B) at Au Cheval. Best cheeseburger ever...


No comments:

Post a Comment