Thursday, August 14, 2014

Missing Mr. B

When B was eight weeks old I went back to work. I was ready to get out of the house and back to a routine. I didn't cry when we left him at daycare, but I was beyond excited to see him by the time I got home. School is great for Mr. B and the routine is good for Mom and Dad.

That being said, sometimes making it through the work day is ridiculously difficult knowing B is doing important things without me. Teething, crawling, eating, napping, babbling, and walking attempts are the most essential things in life at the moment. While I am at work attempting to be a productive member of the team, I keep reminders of B everywhere.


In front of me.


Above me.


To the left.


Behind me.


On the go.

These pictures help throughout the day because I remember the exact moment all of them were taken. I feel happy to have such special memories and beautiful images, but am also a little sad that I can't squeeze B at this exact moment. 

I won't lie and tell you I miss him every moment...sometimes mom needs a break, whether it is work or a solo trip to the grocery store. I know that I enjoy working because it helps me to fully enjoy the time I have with B. I only occasionally envy my stay-at-home-mom friends, ya know, once or twice a weekday and every other hour on Sundays. 


No comments:

Post a Comment