Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Mom Mobile.

I love cars; it's one of our indulgences in life. When I got pregnant I was happily driving a 2011 Acura TSX. A compact, four cylinder sedan with a zippy, responsive gas pedal and agile steering, it was the perfect combo of practicality (28 mpg) and sportiness. But I knew my sedan days were short lived. 

I began researching SUVs right away - Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Edge, Acura RDX, Toyota Highlander. The World Wide Web is an amazingly useful tool thanks to ad agencies like mine. Endless pictures, 360 views of interior and exterior, tech specs and reviews. 

By the time we went to test drive vehicles I already knew what I wanted - the new Ford Explorer. Dad protested until he drove it and experienced the convenience of the many features. We ended up buying the white, mom-mobile from my Uncle Butch. They found the exact trim line I wanted with my required accessories and the right color. Great experience, we will be back, maybe sooner than we thought. 

After two months, we may actually need a bigger car. Two adults, one baby, five nights = endless amounts of shit. 


I don't even know what I packed for myself. But B has 4 rompers, 5 onesies, 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of pants, 8 pairs of socks, 3 bathing suits, 3 pjs, 2 pairs of shoes, 6 bibs, 3 burp cloths, 3 blankets, 5 bottles, 1 spoon, 4 bowls, formula, baby food, sound machine, monitor, humidifier, nose sucker, boogie wipes, bouncy seat, lobster high chair, wagon, stroller, baby carrier...You get the point. Endless. Amounts. Of shit. 


I hope I packed shoes, but they have Target everywhere. Luckily, we have wine, liquor, and a giant caterpillar that rattles, squeaks, crinkles and twinkles, courtesy of Aunt Andi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment